Amanda M. Koch | Partner
Amanda Koch maintains a diverse practice of commercial litigation, products liability, toxic tort, and medical malpractice defense in state and federal courts throughout the country. She represents both large and small businesses, as well as individuals, in the defense and prosecution of business tort claims including fraud, breach of contract, breach of warranty, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices, negligence, negligent misrepresentation and conversion.
Ms. Koch also represents a chemical and recycling company in products liability and toxic tort cases nationwide. Prior to joining Jones Carr Mc Goldrick in October 2006, she gained significant experience prosecuting products liability claims against automobile manufacturers, involving airbag deployment, rollovers, seat belts and roof crush.
- Obtained summary judgment and recovered attorneys' fees in commercial dispute wherein plaintiff alleged breach of contract and fraud against clients' consulting firm.
- Prevailed on behalf of hospital in premises liability jury trial involving injury to a visitor at the facility.
- Defended client in arbitration proceeding involving an accounting firm's claim for unpaid fees.
- Satisfactorily obtained resolution of breach of contract dispute for international utility pole manufacturer in state court action filed by governmental entity.
- Represented healthcare providers in depositions, discovery, and motion practice in medical negligence actions involving serious injury and death.
- Skimming the Surface of Safety, 42 Trial 30 (Aug. 2006).
- Airline Liability - The Warsaw Convention - Ninth Circuit Rules Passenger's Development of Deep-Vein Thrombosis Is Not an "Accident" Under the Warsaw Convention: Rodriguez v. Ansett Australia Ltd., 70 J. Air L. & Com. 123 (Jan. 2005).
Awards and Distinctions
- SMU Law Review Association, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Articles Editor
- The Order of Barristers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- - Co-Chair Membership Committee, 2011
- Associate Producers of Dallas Summer Musicals
- - Vice President, 2011
- - Co-Chair Events Committee, 2009 - 2010
- - Board of Directors, 2008 - 2011
- Lee Park Junior Conservancy