James J. McGoldrick | Partner
James Mc Goldrick concentrates his practice in complex business and personal tort litigation and product liability defense. He has extensive litigation experience in commercial matters, including contract, business tort, technology, aviation, intellectual property and deceptive trade practice claims, as well as significant expertise in products liability and toxic tort litigation in jurisdictions spanning the country. He serves as lead national trial counsel for a chemical handling, recycling and re-refining company in products liability and toxic tort cases. He also defends select medical malpractice claims against hospital systems, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in cases involving catastrophic injuries and death.
Mr. Mc Goldrick aggressively pursues and prepares each case for trial from the outset in order to achieve the best end-result for his clients, whether through trial, settlement or other creative means. He has tried numerous cases in Texas state and federal courts, including a breach of contract/fraud case for a plaintiff-client which he successfully worked up as lead associate and tried to verdict with lead partners resulting in the largest verdict in Hunt County, Texas history and one of America’s Top 100 Verdicts in 2001.
- Member of trial team that obtained the largest verdict in Hunt County, Texas history, and made America's Top 100 Verdicts in 2001.
- Represented national and international defendants and plaintiffs in complex, commercial litigation matters.
- Represented national and international defendants and plaintiffs in all forms of personal injury, product liability, toxic tort, industrial accident, environmental and general negligence litigation.
- Represented one of the nation's largest ready-mix concrete companies and pre-eminent building materials companies in suits ranging from vehicular accidents to construction site accidents.
- Presented: Risk Management: Applicability of Proactive and Preemptive Approach to Claims and Lawsuits, Association of Corporate Counsel, Dallas, Texas (January 2008)
- Presented: Expert Admissibility and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in Benzene Litigation, Mealey's Benzene Litigation Conference, Santa Monica, California (June 2007)
- Union Carbide Corp. v. Loftin, 256 S.W.3d 869 (Tex.App. - Beaumont 2008)
- Shell Oil Co. v. Baran, 258 S.W.3d 719 (Tex.App. â?? Beaumont 2008)
Awards and Distinctions
- Named a Rising Star in the Texas Super Lawyer edition of Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2008-2009
- Selected for and invited to participate in America's Premier Lawyers, which is featured in Fortune Magazine and broadcast worldwide on American Airlines and Northwest Airlines, 2007 - 2008
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers