Miranda A. Wilson | Of Counsel
Miranda Anger Wilson focuses her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, products liability, toxic tort, medical malpractice, and business torts, before state and federal courts throughout the country. Ms. Wilson also crafts solutions for commercial client needs, including the formation of corporate and partnership entities and the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of all claims against medical malpractice defendant, including an award of costs of suit.
- Handled pretrial discovery, pleadings, depositions and motion practice for well-known defendant in benzene litigation nationwide.
- Prepared and filed trademark and copyright applications for clients seeking intellectual property protection.
- Assisted in obtaining favorable settlements in toxic tort cases.
- Successfully contested customs penalties for clients operating import businesses.
- Presented oral arguments to Texas Second Court of Appeals in Fort Worth on behalf of medical malpractice defendant.
- International Aviation Safety: An Examination of the U.S., EU, and the Developing World, 72 J. Air L. & Com. 141 (Winter 2007).
Awards and Distinctions
- SMU Law Review Association, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Articles Editor
- SMU Law Review Association, Vines Memorial Scholarship
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Second Chance SPCA, fundraising