For over a decade, Amanda Koch’s practice has focused on the defense of toxic tort litigation involving personal injury, death, environmental and property damage claims in both federal and state courts across the country. Ms. Koch has served as national counsel for a chemical and recycling company in benzene litigation. She also has significant experience in lawsuits involving trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene, in both personal injury suits, as well as environmental contamination matters. Ms. Koch enjoys a practice that presents new and varied challenges and opportunities to creatively and efficiently defend her clients’ interests. She has hands-on experience in aggressively defending her cases, including the cross-examination and defense of expert witnesses regarding workplace exposure, industrial hygiene, medical and various other scientific fields.
Ms. Koch’s diverse practice also includes commercial litigation and medical malpractice defense. She represents both large and small businesses, as well as individuals, in complex commercial and employment disputes, including the defense and prosecution of business tort claims including fraud, breach of contract, breach of warranty, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices, negligence, negligent misrepresentation, conversion, and non-compete agreement disputes, as well as related protection of confidential information and trade secrets.
Prior to joining Jones Carr Mc Goldrick in October 2006, Ms. Koch gained significant experience prosecuting products liability claims against automobile manufacturers, involving airbag deployment, rollovers, seat belt defects and roof crush.
- National counsel in benzene cases venued throughout the United States.
- Defense of environmental matters, including groundwater contamination.
- Prosecution and defense of commercial disputes on behalf of business entities and individuals.
- Drafted successful Daubert challenge excluding plaintiff’s chemical engineer exposure expert from offering exposure assessment opinions in toxic exposure case.
- Represented consumers nationwide in the prosecution of cases involving automobile and personal watercraft defects.
- Obtained summary judgment and recovered attorneys’ fees in commercial dispute wherein plaintiff alleged breach of contract and fraud against clients’ consulting firm.
- Prevailed on behalf of hospital in premises liability jury trial involving injury to a visitor at the facility.
- Defended client in arbitration proceeding involving an accounting firm’s claim for unpaid fees.
- Satisfactorily obtained resolution of breach of contract dispute for international utility pole manufacturer in state court action filed by governmental entity.
- Represented healthcare providers in depositions, discovery, and motion practice in medical negligence actions involving serious injury and death.
- Skimming the Surface of Safety, 42 Trial 30 (Aug. 2006).
- Airline Liability – The Warsaw Convention – Ninth Circuit Rules Passenger’s Development of Deep-Vein Thrombosis Is Not an “Accident” Under the Warsaw Convention: Rodriguez v. Ansett Australia Ltd., 70 J. Air L. & Com. 123 (Jan. 2005).
Awards and Distinctions
- SMU Law Review Association, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Articles Editor
- The Order of Barristers
- Texas Super Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Co-Chair Membership Committee, 2011
- Associate Producers of Dallas Summer Musicals
- Vice President, 2011
- Co-Chair Events Committee, 2009 – 2010
- Board of Directors, 2008 – 2011