Trucking, Heavy Equipment and Commercial Fleet Litigation
Our trucking roots
Jones Carr McGoldrick first cut its teeth in trucking and heavy equipment litigation more than twenty years ago, when it began defending interstate and intrastate rock hauler and concrete mixer fleets in courtrooms across Texas. Defense verdicts were the norm. Our experience broadened considerably from the early days thanks to the successful representation of trucking and commercial transportation clients in cases involving a wide variety of vehicles, including 18-wheelers, tanker trucks, dump trucks, concrete trucks, box trucks, vacuum trucks, commercial service vehicles, and railroad tank cars.
Serving other client needs
The nature of claims handled for our clients in the trucking and transportation industry also broadened to include not only the defense of catastrophic accident and worksite injury claims, but also serving our clients’ business litigation needs, including defending a transportation solutions and services provider and its employees against alleged breaches of covenants not to compete and nondisclosure, and defending a rail tank car operator against allegations of failure to comply with Ozone Depleting Substance protocols allegedly resulting in lost profits and carbon offset credits.
Requisite skills for any trucking case
Our experienced trial attorneys possess and employ the skills needed to proficiently evaluate, defend and try any trucking case, including:
- Investigating catastrophic motor vehicle accidents immediately after they occur
- Preserving critical evidence and working with accident reconstruction experts
- Retaining and preparing experts, including biomechanical experts, accident reconstruction experts, mechanical engineers, human factors experts, vocational rehabilitation experts, specialty physicians, life care planners, economists and other industry-specific experts
- Cross-examining and striking the testimony of opposing experts, including non-retained investigating officers and physicians offering expert opinions
- Navigating applicable regulations, including those promulgated by the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Department of Transportation
Leveraging our experience for the catastrophic case
Clients who retain our boutique firm to cost-effectively handle their catastrophic trucking cases directly benefit from our distinctively robust trial and litigation experience gained in the trenches of all manner of complex catastrophic injury cases, and from our unparalleled medical knowledge developed while serving as regional and national counsel in hospital malpractice and chemical exposure cases involving catastrophic illness, injury and death.